What we love:
- We are are using more of the games, puzzles and fun learning items that we have around the house.
- Emily has one box where she works with Aiden. She loves to be the teacher.
- She can see that there are fun things coming up and will stay on track to get her math and reading done.
- I have lots of art books and workbooks that have just been sitting on the shelf. I have actually starting using them. (Emily is only in Kindergarten, and I wonder how I have already accumlated so much stuff.)
- It keeps us on schedule.
What we have changed:
- I have to admit that we only used 12 of the boxes for about two weeks then cut it back to 6 (9 on a really good day). I love the system but it would take us from 8:00 am until lunch to complete 12 boxes.
- One of the main purposes of the workboxes is for the child to learn to work more indepedently and since Emily is not able to read directions I decided it was best to slow down a little.
This is something we are going to continue to use next year. I am even planning on adding a set for Aiden (3 at the most) since he wants to do what Sissy is doing.