I found a really great idea on Family Fun to make a marble run out of cardboard tubes.
What You Need:
- Cardboard tubes in a variety of sizes (paper towel, wrapping paper, toilet paper)
- Empty tissue box (we used a basket with Easter grass)
- Colored tape
- Craft knife or scissors
- Self-adhesive magnet strips
- Marbles (we used chocolate eggs)
- Optional: picture of chicken
- What You Will Do:
- 1. Cover the tubes with colored tape. (NOTE: If you paint your tubes you will need to add colored tape to the back and then place your self-adhesive magnet strips on the tape. The self-adhesive will not stick to the paint.)
- 2. Cut openings for the marbles in the tubes.
- 3. Place self-adhesive magnet strips on one side of the tubes and attach them to the refrigerator.
- 4. Let the fun begin!
I set up a small marble run on our magnetic board for Aiden. He would roll the dice to see how many eggs the chicken laid, count the correct number of chocolate eggs, and drop them in.
The kids favorite part ~ eating the eggs!