By 9:00 a.m. this morning I had:
- Spanked Aiden for calling me stupid butt. (I would like to say that he heard this from some other source than my household but alas, he learned it from his sister!)
- Felt my hair grey (more than it currently is) when Aiden ran off my bed in attempt to get away from me because he was going to be visiting the think about it mat for the 3rd time today.
- Refereed at least 5 fights for “He/She hit me”, “That’s mine”, etc., etc.
- Sent both kids to their rooms since they weren’t playing nicely together.
- Sat in the middle of my bed and C.R.I.E.D.!
- Called my mother for a pep talk while crying.
- Told God “I have had enough, I surrender!”
Thankful, God heard me and one of my dearest friends, Katreena, called and said her mother wanted to treat me and the kids to lunch. My first reaction was, NO WAY AM I TAKING THESE KIDS ANYWHERE! Emily had said a few minutes before that she wished we could just start the day over and I realized that we all needed to get out of the house. I also saw this verse posted over my kitchen sink:
Forget about what’s happened. Don’t keep going over old history. Be alert, be present. I’m about to do something brand new. It’s bursting out, don’t you see it?
Isaiah 43: 18-19
I think God was telling me, get out of the house, forget about the morning, I have it under control! I tend to assume when a day starts out like this one did it won’t improve until everyone is in bed. This is something I am working on…. turning my attitude around! I know that as a mom I really do have the power to change the direction we are headed in.
Ahhh, the power of lunch away from the house! The kids were good, they listened, sat in their seats and ate lunch. Mommy came away refreshed and able to handle the rest of the day.