I have been eyeing the Bible curriculum from Positive Action for Christ for a couple of months, so I was felt very blessed when I found out I would be receiving their 2nd Grade curriculum, Finding God’s Promise to review as part of the Homeschool Crew.
What I Received:
- Teacher’s Manual for 2nd Grade ($33.95)
- Student Manual for 2nd Grade ($12.95)
- Introductory notes for homeschoolers with suggestions on how best to use the curriculum with one student, multiple grades or with a Co-op or Church (free).
- Scope and sequence with week by week details of materials covered from K – 5th grade (free).
What the 2nd Grade Curriculum ~ Finding God’s Promise Covers:
The curriculum takes you from the life of Moses through the book of Exodus. You can preview the scope and sequence here.
The teacher's manual includes:
- 35 lessons (one per week)
- Target truths (objectives)
- Teaching strategy section
- Weekly character traits
- Practical applications
- Interesting stories
- Ideas for puzzles, skits, artwork, buzz groups, and discussion
- Lesson Plans for 3, 4, or 5 day schedules
- Completed student's manual answer key pages
- Reproducible weekly quizzes with answer key
- Scripture memory program
The student's manual includes:
- Vocabulary sections
- Words for songs in music curriculum
- Puzzles, artwork, and maps
- Life application sections
- Attractive full-color format
- Various levels & thinking skills
- Material usable with any Bible translation
- Scripture memorization sheet
- 155 pages
How We Used the Curriculum
I decided to use the curriculum for both my kids, Emily (2nd grade) and Aiden (preschool). The teacher’s manual includes lessons plans for 5, 4 or a 3-day week. We used the curriculum plan for a 4-day week and included many of the suggestions from the introductory notes on how to use the curriculum with mulitple grades.
Since we do our Bible time in the morning, while we eat breakfast, I do the daily reading and let Emily look up Bible verses and read them. While Emily was working on the workbook pages, I let Aiden color. Emily often read and taught Aiden about the worksheets she completed.
This curriculum has been the perfect fit for our family! The introductory notes were very helpful in making this 2nd grade Bible curriculum work for both my kids. I love that everything is laid out for you ~ no searching for activities and character traits to go along with our Bible reading. Emily and I were both impressed with the colorful and fun worksheets that go along with the lessons. I really can’t say enough about this Bible curriculum, it includes everything I have been looking ~ character traits, fun ideas to go along with the lessons, and verse memorization!
Find Out More
You can see a sample of the teacher’s manual here and the student manual here. If you would like to purchase Finding God’s Promise for 2nd Grade click here. Positive Action for Christ also has available a music CD or tape to go along with the curriculum.
To see additional reviews by the Homeschool Crew click here.
This product was given to me for review purposes, and I do not have to return the product to the vendor. I was not paid for this post. All opinions expressed in this post are mine.