We made some Zucchini Pizza Bites today using our first zucchini from the garden.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 medium zucchini
- pizza sauce
- fresh oregano (or dried)
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- shredded parmesan cheese
- onions (optional)
What You’ll Do:
- Preheat broiler; set rack in the middle.
- Trim ends on zucchini and cut into diagonal slices.
- Spread a teaspoon of sauce over each zucchini slice and sprinkle on some fresh chopped oregano. Top each zucchini slice with cheeses. Add pepperoni and onions, if desired.
- Broil about 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
My kids tolerate zucchini, it’s definitely not their favorite. I on the other hand LOVE zucchini, so guess who planted lots of it in the garden this year?
The verdict ~ add some sauce, cheese and pepperoni and the kids have decided that they like zucchini after all. Do you have a favorite zucchini recipe?