If you have been following my blog for awhile, I’m sure you have noticed that things have been very quiet! No posts about lessons or what we have been doing. So just what have I been doing? I have been dealing with a certain four year that has been having some very alarming tantrums, and truthfully it has just sucked the energy right out of me! My son is so different from my daughter. Emily wants to held and cuddled when she was upset. Aiden needs to be left alone to work things out. If you try and hold him, he lashes out ~ kicking and screaming!
So what does this have to do with my December goals? While caring and worrying about my kids, I have neglected my poor husband and myself. So, my top priorities are:
- Find a babysitter and plan a date night with my hubby (at least every other week)!
- Get a head start on Bible in 90 days, which starts January 3rd.
We are going to be homeschooling this month, however it is going to be a light month ~ reading, baking and crafts. I’m really hoping this will be a relaxing month, where I can focus on the family and take some steps to create a calmer environment. This brings me to my other goals for the month:
- Declutter the house. Seriously, the thought of more toys and stuff coming in the house causes me to have a panic attack!
- Menu planning ~ why did I ever stop this?
- Establish some new rhythms in our home:
- Monday ~Baking
- Tuesday ~ Crafts
- Wednesday ~ Handiwork
- Thursday ~ Head outside to explore
- Friday ~ Family day
- Saturday ~ Cleaning and errand day
- Sunday ~ Rest
Are you homeschooling this month? What are you goals?