My latest mission from the Homeschool Crew: Explore Tiny Planets with the kids.
What is Tiny Planets?
Tiny Planets is a virtual world based on a television series by the same name that provides fun, educational entertainment. It is set in a space environment in which the kids can explore and discover. Tiny planets is geared towards children ages 4 to 12.
“It features the cosmic adventures of Bing and Bong, two whimsical aliens who travel the Universe of Tiny Planets together on their gadget-loaded plush sofa. With Bing and Bong, children are encouraged to think for themselves, assume social responsibility, take care of our planet and learn about the mysteries of space.”
Tiny Planets has six area to explore:
- My Tiny Planets ~ create your very own virtual planet!
- Tiny Planets TV ~ watch episodes of Tiny Planets. There is currently one episode available to watch for free, you must purchase keys to watch additional videos.
- Tiny Planets Learning ~ lesson plans and printable worksheets
- Tiny Planets Labs ~ kids can test new games.
- Tiny Planets Fun ~ games, downloads and TV episodes on this site, including coloring activities, comics and puzzles.
- Tiny Planets Books ~ interactive books on Tiny Planets Books.
I have to admit that I had a little trouble figuring out how to navigate the site and sign my kids up. Parents must set up cadet accounts for each child and add them to the parent account. Once I got the kids set up, we started playing! I was immediately impressed with the graphics and that the site is basically free. You can purchase keys to access more areas:
10 keys - $1.95
25 keys -$3.95
85 keys - $9.95
250 keys - $25.95
600 keys - $49.95
The site is fun, but I don’t see much educational value. Yes, it does have some fun printable worksheets, but my kids were not interested in the printables, they wanted to play.
Overall, it is a fun site and the kids enjoyed exploring Tiny Planets!
To see additional reviews by the Homeschool Crew click here.
This product was given to me for review purposes, and I do not have to return the product to the vendor. I was not paid for this post. All opinions expressed in this post are mine.