It has become a Christmas tradition in our house to read Night Tree by Eve Bunting
and decorate a tree for the squirrels, birds, owls and any other critters that wander into our yard.
This year we put the following on our tree:
- Strings of popcorn, cranberries, and Cheerios
- Orange and apple slices
- Half an orange that we filled with sunflower seed
- Bread we cut with cookie cutters, spread peanut butter an pressed into bird seed
- Pine cones with peanut butter and bird seed
- Nuts ~ which we put around the tree
After we decorate the tree we always come in and have a cup of hot chocolate ~ with whip cream of course! What Christmas traditions do you have?