This week we have been busy baking and making things for our furry and feathered friends.
We started out by making dog treats for our dog, Maggie, and some of her doggie friends. I found the recipe here.
What You’ll Need:
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups of flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup oats
What You’ll Do:
- Blend the wet ingredients together. In a separate bowl mix the dry ingredients together.
- Mix them together to form a ball of dough.
- Roll out and use your favorite cookie cutters. (We used a small Scottie dog, heart and star.)
- Put them on a non-stick cookie tray or lightly greased tray.
- Cook 20 minutes at 400 degrees.
- DO NOT REMOVE FROM THE OVEN! Turn off the oven and allow the biscuits to cool in the oven until they are hard and crisp.
- Store in an airtight container.
and added a dog bone gift tag.
click on the image to download
To go along with our baking we read two of our favorite Christmas books which feature dogs: Clifford’s Christmas and Carl’s Christmas.