Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Moon Rocks

IMG_4927

Have I mentioned how much my kids love to collect rocks?  I found a craft for moon rocks at DLTK’s Kids and decided this would be a great way to use some of the lovely rocks just lying around the house.  Aiden decided he would prefer to suit up in his jet pack and gather more rocks.IMG_4934

 What We Used:

IMG_4911

  • rocks
  • small cardboard boxes (I purchased ours from Michaels)
  • paint
  • paint and foam brushes
  • metallic pens

I let Aiden paint the rocks (he had specific ideas on what color they should be) IMG_4912and the cardboard boxes.

IMG_4904When the boxes were dry I wrote Moon Rock on them with the metallic pen. 

IMG_4923 

The boxes can be used to display the rocks or to store them ~ cause we really need a way to keep even more rocks in the house! 

~Cindy

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am "over the moon" for this fun idea... ;0)

Andrea @ Addicted2Tutes said...

I love the jet pack! :)

Anonymous said...

Very cute!!! Love how pretty the rocks turned out!

Centers and Circle Time said...

I'm crazy about that jet pack too!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails