Map Skills by Kim Kargbo is three week study, geared for grades K–6th, which gives students a foundation in geography and map reading skills. The study includes fun hands on activities, games, and bible activities. This unit study is recommended to work alongside some sort of mapping skills workbook ~ a recommended list is included.
What Map Skills Covers:
- Basic directional skills.
- Basic map reading skills.
- Map directions and bible related worksheets.
- Language skills related to map reading ~ directional and basic geography.
Emily and I enjoyed the hands on activities included in this unit study. I do think that in order for the student to have a complete understanding of map skills, one of the additional recommended resources should be added. Overall, I enjoyed the ideas contained in this study and we learned a great deal about map skills even without the additional resources.
- Fun hands on activities
- The appendix includes a suggested literature list and 4 bible worksheets for review, copy work and grammar exercises, with their answer keys.
- Additional resources recommended
Find Out More:
Soli Deo Gloria Resources sells Map Skills as an e-book for $14. The e-book can be used with multiple students. You can view a sample of Map Skills here and the recommended resources that accompany Map Skills here.
You can check out other Crewmate reviews of this and other products from Soli Deo Gloria Resources.