October makes me think of……trips to the pumpkin patch, pumpkins lined up with smiling faces, and the smell of pumpkin bread baking in the oven.
Autumn is one of my favorite times of year! Yesterday the kids and I pulled out the fall decorations and made a batch of pumpkin pie play dough.
What You Will Need:
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 cup of salt
- 2 tablespoons of cream of tarter
- 2 tablespoons of pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 cups of water
- 12 drops of red food coloring and 30 drops of yellow food coloring
What You’ll Do:
- Combine the dry ingredients in a nonstick saucepan. Add the oil, water, and food coloring and stir until smooth. Stir constantly with a rubber spatula, cook the mixture over medium heat until it forms a ball, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Turn the dough onto the counter, let it cool slightly, then knead the dough until it has a smooth texture, about 1 minute.
- Pull out some fall cookie cutters and have fun!
I added some small sticks (stems) and pieces of green pipe cleaner, that I wrapped around pencils (vine), to our play area so the kids could make little pumpkins.