Thursday, October 7, 2010

Preschool Corner ~ Seasons

image I had grand plans for the week ~ but sadly Aiden had other plans!  He REFUSED to most of the activities that I presented to him this week.  We did manage to do a few activities Wednesday and Thursday.

Our theme this week was seasons.  We read Seasons by Ranida Mckneally and It’s Fall by Linda Glaser.

Aiden sorted pictures of clothing according to what season it is worn.  I found this free printable at Montessori For Everyone.  I was hoping that Aiden would realize he can’t wear shorts when it is 50° outside.  As you can tell from the rest of the pictures, he is still insisting on wearing shorts.  This is a case of picking my battles ~ I can live with shorts until they are washed and {ahem} disappear!IMG_4205

I put items in a bag and Aiden felt inside, trying to guess what the item was.  Then we sorted the items by season.

IMG_4226

The bag included the following items:

IMG_4233

  • Spring:  umbrella and a flower
  • Summer:  sunglasses and a seashell
  • Fall:  Leaf and acorns
  • Winter:  Gloves and mittens

Aiden did enjoy the button activity I made. 

IMG_4218 

This was one activity I didn’t have to ask him to do!IMG_4216

Aiden sorted items that were magnetic and non magnetic.   IMG_4199

I gave him a pair of scissors and the newspaper and let him have fun cutting out pictures.  He kept bringing me pictures of blowers,  saying “Daddy needs one of these”.IMG_4224

That was our week!  The good thing is I don’t have to plan anything for Aiden next week, we can just do the things I had planned for this week ~ unless Aiden has other ideas!  To check out more Preschool ideas and activities visit Preschool Corner!

~Cindy

5 comments:

Ticia said...

My kids refuse to do the feeling games. So, I know what you mean about having other plans.

Melissa N. said...

Cindy, I think you did pretty good with what you posted. Preschoolers are so hot and cold when it comes to schooling. My 3.5 yr old, Molly, is like that...one day all about it...next "I am never doing school again!"...lol...go with the flow I guess...Have a great weekend.

Melis

Jolanthe said...

love the sorting of actual items!!

Jo Ann said...

That's hilarious that he kept bringing you pictures of leaf blowers for his daddy! We really enjoyed the book It's Fall this year.

Anonymous said...

What a great week! I am with Jolanthe I love the sorting of actual items :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails