Why would I need PG Key? My kids are always supervised whiled on the internet! That is what I thought until I came home late one night from a meeting and found my daughter playing a game on the computer. What if she had accidently typed in the wrong address and pulled up something she really shouldn’t see? We had a serious talk about when she can use the computer!
Wouldn’t it be great if there was a simple way to monitor your kids computer use and set limits on the amount of time they use the computer? There is with PG Key.
About PG Key
PG Key is easy to use! Plug it into your USB Port and once it is installed, you create accounts for each person using the computer. You can set up the following controls for each account:
- Time allowance
- Content filtering
- Site blocking
- Activity tracking
- Activity notifications
- Monitor chat and email use
- Allow access to only specific websites
- 60 hours of video recording ~ you see what your child sees!
- If the key is removed from the computer it can’t be used by the kids. NOTE: If you should lose the key, you can still access the computer by using your password. Contact PG Key’s support department and if you’ve activated your PG Key and registered the product they will ship you a new PG Key for only $10.00 plus shipping and handling.
My Thoughts on PG Key
I installed PG Key, set up my password, and started setting up basic controls for my daughter. Set up was easy! I blocked access to two websites and let my daughter try and access the sites. It worked ~ she could not get to the websites! I also set it to notify me when certain words were searched. The program sent me an email each time I searched using those words, but it did not block me from the search or accessing sites with the words. What does this mean? If I wanted to block a site, I would have to have know the web address. It does not allow you to block using a key word such as ~ all pornographic sites.
Overall, this product is a great way to monitor what your kids are doing on the computer. For my kids, just knowing that we are monitoring their computer use would be enough!
- Peace of mind knowing that I can see what my kids are seeing.
- Being able to limit use of the computer ~ if I pull out the key the kids can’t even use the computer.
- Being able to limit the sites my daughter can use.
- Not being able to block sites unless I know the websites address.
- Not being able to block access to sites based on a certain word ~ such as pornography.
Find Out More:
To find out what my fellow crewmates thought about PG Key click on the banner above.
This product was given to me for review purposes, and I do not have to return the product to the vendor. I was not paid for this post. All opinions expressed in this post are mine.