Is it possible for one program to teach reading, writing and typing? We have been using Read, Write & Type by Talking Fingers for the past month and not only has the program helped Emily with her reading, writing and typing, she has been having fun learning ~ and defeating the villain Vexor!
What is the Read, Write & Type Learning System?
Read, Write & Type Learning Systems by Talking Fingers is a fun interactive program that builds reading and phonics skills while children learn to write and type. In the program, which is for grades K-3, the villain (a hot tempered green blob) named Vexor tries to steal the letters and prevent the storytellers from writing down their stories. The student is guided by two helping hands, Lefty and Rightway, who help them defeat Vexor as they work through 40 levels.
As the student goes through the program they build hundreds of sentences and stories. They receive certificates of advancement after every four letters, which can be printed ~ and proudly displayed.
The program takes the student through 12 steps:
- Children connect sounds with letters ~ learning to type each letter.
- Children look at a picture, identify the sounds, and type the required letter or letters.
- Children begin to build words by typing sounds.
- Children start to read and write simple stories.
- Children begin to create their own stories.
- Children can send messages using the simulated email feature.
- Children build on typing skills by playing games.
- They play the Sound Game where the child practices sound recognition.
- The Reading Game provides extra help in reading comprehension.
- Children play the Spelling Game.
- Provides practice on any activities the student needs to practice.
- Print out reports showing students progress.
Emily and I have both had fun playing with the program. I loved seeing her excitement every time she saved a letter from Vexor or received a certificate. The program contains great graphics and sound, but what impressed me the most was ~ the fact that the program kept Emily’s interest. She was able to login and start working on the program without much assistance from me. I did find that I did needed to check on her frequently just to make sure she was placing her hands correctly on the keyboard and not “picking and pecking”.
This program has delivered all that it promised and has helped Emily with her reading, writing and typing! It has been a great addition to our language arts program.
To Find Out More:
Visit Talking Fingers, Inc. to check out a free Sample Lesson, which gives an overview of the activities in Read, Write & Type, and a free Demo that lets your child test drive the first 8 lessons. While you are there check out some of their other products, such as Wordy Qwerty or JingleSpells.
Prices for the Home Edition:
- Read, Write & Type - Online Edition - 1 user $35.00
- Read, Write & Type - Online Edition - 2 users $55.00
- Read, Write & Type - Online Edition - 3 users $70.00
- Read, Write & Type - Online Edition - 4 users $85.00
- Read, Write & Type - Online Edition - 5 users $100.00
- Read, Write & Type - CD Home Edition (multiple users) $79.00
Want to save 20% off your order?
Join their mailing list and answer a couple of questions to receive a 20% discount code you can use on your next order. See more information here.
This product was given to me for review purposes, and I do not have to return the product to the vendor. I was not paid for this post. All opinions expressed in this post are mine.