Wednesday, January 14, 2009

God Continues to Amaze Me


Emily found a caterpillar the last part of August. We graciously let him have our parsley plant and decided to bring him inside when the nights started to get cooler. I failed to cover the parsley once we brought it inside and he disappeared. I figured he was eaten by one of the cats. A few days later while I was sweeping I saw something strange on the floor. It was the chrysalis. I gentle placed it in our butterfly cage and we patiently waited, and waited. After two weeks Emily decided he was dead! We held out hope because if you blew on the chrysalis it would move. Well, this morning, almost 4 months later, I was awaken by my daughter screaming. The little guy finally decided to emerge, a Black Swallowtail. His wing is crumpled on one side so even if it was summer he would have to spend the remainder of his day in our care. God is truly amazing, how could such a small creature survive for 4 months with no food or water?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails