Wednesday, March 11, 2009

It's Coming!

Even though the first day of spring isn't official until the 20th, signs are everywhere that Spring is Here! Seeds are sprouting, buds are forming on the trees, flowers are blooming and birds are nesting right outside our bedroom window. For the past three days I have heard the soft cooing of Doves and as I looked outside my window this is what I saw.



A pair of Mourning Doves have made a nest in the holly tree by our window. Ivy (which I planned to cut) has grown up the holly tree providing extra protection for our nesting Doves. I have enjoyed watching them groom each other or daddy bringing mommy sticks to fix their nest. We are all waiting for what we know will eventually happen, the sweet sound of baby birds!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails