Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Our Pumpkin Patch Tradition

Every year we visit a small pumpkin patch, out in the country. 

IMG_4309It is owned by a local family who still relies on the honesty system for payment.  Going to this pumpkin patch has become a family tradition, which we started when Emily was one. 

I went past this pumpkin patch everyday on my way to work, before I had kids, and I always dreamed of the day I would be able to take my own kiddos out to find the perfect pumpkin. 

Emily loves going because she has fond memories of us tramping around look at all the different pumpkins.  If you ask her I’m sure she will say her favorite memories are when it was just her and I  ~  before her brother came along. 

 IMG_4310_edited-1

Aiden loves going because they provide loppers to cut the pumpkins free from their vines, and small wheelbarrows.

IMG_4313

I love going because now I have two kiddos to take.  Six eyes all searching for the perfect pumpkin to take home and carve!  Three people with entirely different ideas on what the perfect pumpkin is.  

IMG_4307 

Do you have a favorite pumpkin patch that you like to visit?

~Cindy

9 comments:

Unknown said...

So fun! My favorite Pumpkin Patch that the kiddos and I have been to had the giant hay-bales decorated as giant spiders and pumpkins with the use of spray-paint and pipes!

Oh, and I love the fact that you envisioned going to this pumpkin with your kiddos patch before you had children- God is so merciful to bless us with some of the desires of our hearts...

Anonymous said...

Squeel! We were just at this pumpkin patch last week! Its my favorite too!! Amazing prizes products and love the honesty system!

Elle Belles Bows said...

Love this time of year! Great photos! Thanks for sharing! Kerri

Kara said...

Looks like you had a great time! I love pumpkin patches- we've been to the one near us three times this fall- there is always something new to discover!

Jennifer said...

We discovered our favorite pumpkin patch about 2 years ago. They have a petting zoo, a store with homemade preserves, corn maze, rides for the kids and my favorite - the hay ride out to the pumpkin patch with a pit stop to feed the buffalo, cattle and cows. We go every year!

phasejumper said...

I love that you get to cut your own pumpkin off the vine! We just found our favorite pumpkin patch this year! Can't wait to go again next year!

Jennifer said...

Hi!

I just wanted to let you know that I made your pumpkin playdough today and linked up to you on my blog! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe! It was easy to make and the kids loved it!

Cassidy said...

SOOOOO adorable and looks fun!!! We had a patch we loved in Florida but we've moved back to TX from there. So, we need to find a good one here! It looks like yall had a great time!!
Big smiles, Cass

pakistani matrimonial rishta said...


Thanks for sharing
we are Roofing Repair company contact uss canada(604 655 8486)
leafguard
rishta Pakistan
photo booth rentals in australia
photo booth rentals in usa

Related Posts with Thumbnails