I have always wanted to make a puppet stage for the kids but for some reason I never got around to it. As I walked past a large pile of stuff that I need to take to Goodwill, a pair of denim curtains caught my eye. I thought it would be fun to use one of the panels to make a puppet show curtain.
What I Did:
1. I hung one curtain panel on a tension rod in a doorway and marked on the back where I wanted the top of the opening.
2. I took the curtain down, got out my yard stick and level (yes, it’s that type A personality) and drew a rectangle.
3. I cut the bottom and sides, leaving the top attached so the kids could close the opening.
4. Sewed ribbon at the top of the opening, a piece on each side, so when you roll the “curtain” up you can tie it.
5. Finally, I sewed a dowel to the bottom of the opening so the curtain wouldn’t pucker.
The finished product…..