Monday, April 19, 2010

Shrinky Dinks ~ Earth Day Pendant

I have been looking for Earth Day crafts and activities to do with the kids this week.  When I found an idea on DLTK’s Growing Together for making an Earth Day Shrinky Dink I was so excited!   I had some Shrinky Dink Paper just sitting on the shelf (yes, I’m a craft supply junkie!) waiting for such a craft.  

Emily and I used half a sheet of Shrinky Dink paper, to make 3 circles (Earths).  We used a permanent marker to outline them and draw the continents.  We punched a hole at the top, since we were making pendants, and colored them with crayons.

IMG_2023

To make it easier for Aiden, I colored the land green and he colored the ocean. 

IMG_2024

We put them in the oven, which I preheated to 350°, and the kids watched the magic of Shrinky Dinks!  It took about a minute for them to curl up and then flatten out again. IMG_2027

Here is what the pendants, Aiden and I made, looked like when they came out of the oven

IMG_2030

and Emily’s as a necklace.

IMG_2028

I remember playing with Shrinky Dinks when I was about Emily’s age, and mumble, mumble (I’d rather not say) years later, they are still  just as much fun!

~Cindy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun Earth Day craft!!

Anonymous said...

Tuolumne một quốc gia vàng Yosemite ở California USA Hoa Kỳ
Du lịch trải nghiệm nghệ thuật âm nhạc đường phố ở Mỹ
Vé máy bay đi Mỹ tháng nào rẻ nhất
3 thành phố ma điểm du lịch hấp dẫn
Các địa danh du lịch ở thành phố Boston
Top những điều tuyệt vời nhất ở san francisco
Du lịch bờ biển Oregon Mỹ
VÉ MÁY BAY GIÁ RẺ ĐI ALEXANDRIA - LOUISIANA
4 cẩm nang du lịch động vật hoang dã ở Mỹ
5 cuộc đua Marathons ngoạn mục Hoa Kỳ

Chuyên trang đi Mỹ said...

Hãy đặt vé máy bay giá rẻ đi new orleans và làm theo sự dẫn dắt của họ để tự chọn những cánh đồng và vườn cây ăn quả của riêng bạn. Họ có thể là nhà thấp hoặc cao cấp, và nỗ lực của họ có thể được hỗ trợ bởi những đầu bếp kiếm ăn ở các khu vực hoang dã hoặc chăm sóc khu vườn của riêng họ.

Trên khắp đất nước, những đặc sản nuôi dưỡng vi khí hậu: Bánh tart và anh đào ngọt mọc gần bờ Đại Hồ được tìm thấy trong những chiếc bánh anh đào ngon tuyệt phục vụ khắp Michigan. Vé máy bay đi Mỹ: https://unitedairlines-vn.com/ve-may-bay-di-my .

Related Posts with Thumbnails